Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Where do you reside?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-09, 05:59 AM

Bikes: 2006 road bike, 2012 cx bike, 2012 carbon rb, 2014 hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Where do you reside?

Who here resides in UK and has lost a bunch of weight? The reason I ask is I see many people here losing weight and sharing their experiences. I'm not sure how many of you guys are from UK. Did you lose a bunch of weight too but do not have photos of yourself, or just dont like to show them (I'm not accusing, I'm just wondering if that's just the way Brits are compared to (say) Americans, who like to show that they done well.

Just got me thinking after I read the "I'm half the man I used to be" thread.
Old 07-31-09, 06:09 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by mustang1
Who here resides in UK and has lost a bunch of weight? The reason I ask is I see many people here losing weight and sharing their experiences. I'm not sure how many of you guys are from UK. Did you lose a bunch of weight too but do not have photos of yourself, or just dont like to show them (I'm not accusing, I'm just wondering if that's just the way Brits are compared to (say) Americans, who like to show that they done well.

Just got me thinking after I read the "I'm half the man I used to be" thread.
Hmm. We have a number of UK posters, but I don't remember seeing before and after shots from them. I know BCC's posted reports on rides for us.

Old 07-31-09, 07:46 AM

Bikes: Colnago Master X-lite 2008, Trek Roscoe 7 2021

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mustang,

Do I count? Immigrated to the US from Glasgow Scotland 8 years ago. Dont know if I can truly count, while I have lost about 60lbs in last 4-5 months Its the 60 I put on over here getting used to buffets, free refills and no walking *LOL*. Still on the journey and not going to post before after pics till I get to a happy place with my weight (180-200)

Steve