Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Free 700C tubes Pay it forward

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-09, 04:40 PM

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts

Howdy folks, been a while I know. In the spirit of pay it forward, I recently moved my Deep V's to my Trek 7300 and had some Velocity Fusions built up for my CAAD9. Unfortunately, both sets of rims require long valve stems and I have 6 tubes with 25mm Presta stems that are just going to be sitting around gathering dust. 2 of the 6 have never been used, they were in my seat bags, the other 4 came out of my tires. The tubes are 700c and will fit tires 700c-20 to 700c*28.

So, he, or she, who wants them, be the first to post, just cover the shipping and they are yours.

I also have 2 700C tubes with Schrader valves from some older rims that will fit 700c*20-28.

Thanks

Old 07-31-09, 05:15 PM
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Don't do it, you will be sorry! I tried to pay it forwad several times. Only problem is, it never came form behind!

I carry a pump on my bike and have ridden with several riders that don't. Not only did they ride without a pump, but no tubes. So I've given away about 10 spares. I tried to pay it forward but only problem is that I had a line of about 10 riders that wanted to ride with me so they didn't have to invest in a spare tube or pump!

It doesn't pay!.......Don't do iiiiiiiiiiiiit!
Old 07-31-09, 05:35 PM
Pedal pusher...

Bikes: I've got a bunch...

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need some tubes...
Old 07-31-09, 05:48 PM

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Don't do it, you will be sorry! I tried to pay it forwad several times. Only problem is, it never came form behind!

I carry a pump on my bike and have ridden with several riders that don't. Not only did they ride without a pump, but no tubes. So I've given away about 10 spares. I tried to pay it forward but only problem is that I had a line of about 10 riders that wanted to ride with me so they didn't have to invest in a spare tube or pump!

It doesn't pay!.......Don't do iiiiiiiiiiiiit!

, yea, I had the same issue on occasion, but I am not carrying the short stem tubes for them too. .

Alice their yours.

Old 07-31-09, 06:13 PM
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by alicestrong
I need some tubes...
That's another forum!
Old 07-31-09, 06:49 PM
Pedal pusher...

Bikes: I've got a bunch...

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
That's another forum!
Wait, what???

OOOooohhhhhhHHH...

Old 07-31-09, 06:56 PM