Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Tweaked the knee , Need advice

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-04, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi
I tweaked my knee slightly . I did not ride today yet . Ive gone up and down my street in the easy gears and it seems fine . Anyone have a comment on how long should I take off . No pain when walking , no pain on stairs , no pain doing other activities . Should I do a 5 mile test tonight in the easy gears ?
jarhead#42
Riding is the only thing I do .
Old 07-06-04, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 12188 Post(s)
Liked 1,495 Times in 1,107 Posts
Hi,
how did you tweak your knee? That is important. In general, you want to RICE Rest Ice Compression Elevation. Fill some quart size bags with ice and ice your knee down for about 20 minutes. Then let it rest a bit, perhaps while watching OLN TDF coverage. Take 4 advil or 2 alleve after dinner. If it bothers you in the morning, repeat the dose after breakfast. If our discussion doesn't turn up anything nasty, manana you can go for a nice, long walk.
Then the day after that you could start back in, but go EASY.
Old 07-06-04, 03:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks
Ive been riding 50 milers for a few weeks . I tweaked it yesturday . I was experimenting with seat hieghts . Im guessing I just did a little to much . Ill force myself to stay off . For some reason its hard for me to do . Im guess Im addicted to this great sport/hobby .
I cleaned up my bike today and my bike keeps looking at me , wondering .LOL
jarhead#42
Old 07-06-04, 07:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Think Im gonna be ready to go tomorrow . Ive been taking short test rides . Yesturday I couldnt push down at all with my left leg . Must be a mild over training thingy . No pain at all today and there was never any pain yesturday except when I was on a bike . Now its back to curing the saddle sores .The least of my worries .
jarhead#42
Old 07-07-04, 07:07 AM
Fat Hack

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Exactly where is the pain/soreness/tweak? Were you experimenting with a high or low seat position?

Sometimes it can caused by a lack of stretching catching up with you.

I know how it feels to go nuts about missing a ride, especially during nice weather.

Last week I tweaked my knee stepping onto a trailer, carrying something that wasn't all that heavy, and the next day I was a mess (mentally). It didn't hurt until I got on my bike later that day, then I totally 'sh@t' myself. I kept saying to myself: "just turn around, just turn around and go home; surely you can miss one day, you psycho" -- but I kept going and did about 20 miles. Luckily, no harm was done. I iced it that night, and it was back to 100% after about 3 or 4 days, but all throught that time I kept riding.

(.....hmmmmm, I've gone a bit off track again)

Old 07-07-04, 01:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im back !
I iced it took some pills as advised in this thread . I went out slow , for 30 miles , then I had my confindence back and raced a pick up truck , a car and a tractor trailor . I was flying !!! No pain ! I did adjust my seat during the ride , my knee seemed to get tight and I moved the seat up everytime I noticed this feeling and stretched everytime I stoped to make the adjustemt . But , the day I hurt it , I had no power in the leg at all . amazing the way the body can comeback . I thought I was down for some days .
peace
jarhead#42
Old 07-07-04, 09:00 PM
nutbag

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Yeah, it's amazing what one or two days off can do for ya when you've been riding everyday.