Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

My 2009 Jamis Aurora Elite is in the mail!!!

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-09, 09:01 AM
46 bikes and counting...

Bikes: 1992 Trek multitrack 700 sourgrape with red decals, 1992 Trek multtrack 700 (with 1" threadless conversion), 2009 jamis Aurora Elite, 2007 Jamis Cross Country 2.0, 1981 Trek 613, 1980's Fuji "Redlof" folding bike, Iron Horse AT-70 with 48cc motor....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I finally decided on a touring bike. Since I work at a LBS that sells nothing but Jamis my choice was kinda obvious but the LHT was a good contender. I had to fight with my credit card company for 3 days to get them to allow me to spend the money. But now it'll arrive either today or tomorrow and I got it for only about $750. Due to its @#$% gearing I also ordered a 9 speed SLX cassette, XT SGS derailleur, and THE LAST PAIR OF SHIMANO ULTEGRA 9spd BRIFTERS IN NORTH AMERICA!!!! no really, I went through 5 different distributers and there was only one pair between them (thanks KHS). Stupid interbike expo, theres no parts left till then lol. And of course the best part is I have a 10 speed drive train to sell off at profit!
Old 08-04-09, 09:15 AM
ah.... sure.

Bikes: Specialized.... schwinn..... enough to fill my needs..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sounds like your going to have a nice ride! Congrats!