Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Michigan Cycling fatality / Tim Pincikowski Memorial Ride

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 08:25 PM
Endurance junkie

Bikes: '93 GT Pantera, '03 Fuji Marseille, '05 Klein Attitude, Dahon Impulse, Bike Friday Family Triple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I assumed this accident had been covered here already (I live in AA so I've been hearing about it perhaps more than I'd like to)

https://www.annarbor.com/news/cyclist-struck-by-car/

I received the following through one of my channels:

Please join the Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition (WBWC) on Tuesday August 18th in a memorial bicycle ride to honor Tim Pincikowski, the Saline resident who was struck and killed by a car at the corner of Maple and Ellsworth in Pittsfield Township on July 28. (62 comments have been made regarding this sad incident on https://www.annarbor.com/news/cyclist-struck-by-car/)

Thanks to Paul Alman, the AABTS Ride Calendar Committee has added the Tim Pincikowski Memorial Ride to the AABTS Ride Calendar. Here is the information:

The WBWC is holding a special memorial ride in Tim's name on Tuesday, August 18th. The ride, which will have Ann Arbor and Pittsfield Township Police *******, will leave from Pioneer High School (the Park'nRide lot) on Main Street, just south of Stadium Boulevard, in Ann Arbor. The ride will leave at 5 PM, travel the approximate 3.5 miles to the site of the accident, stop for a brief service, and then return to Pioneer at approximately 6 PM. All are invited to attend.

Additionally, Paul has also been "invited" to appear on the Demenski and Doyle radio show, WCSX 94.7 FM, at 7:15 AM, Monday, August 10th, to discuss their anti-bicycle comments made last week. Worth a listen!