Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Fenders - help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fenders - help please

I'm thinking of moving to a bike with no fender mounts. I know there are the removable fenders with the ties that wrap around the fork and such, but they always seem to come out of alignment - or are a pain in the butt to secure.

Are there other / better options? Or are the EZ type really the "only" way to go.

Does the mud guard on the down tube work well?
Old 08-13-09, 04:54 PM

Bikes: Surly CC, Raleigh Team Pro, Specialized Rockhopper with an xtracycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I feel you on the rubber ezs. I had those and they kept bouncing around and could never get it to look centered. I guess if you dont intend on removing them frequently, you can use the same that mount to eyelets but buy some aluminum conduit straps/clamps. I did this with my road bike for awhile and it worked beautifully..if you can get past the small clamp look at the ends of your fork.

Or you can go with something like a bontrager commuter fender that clips on seat tube and is fastened with a clamp/zip ties.

I have a brand new set i'm trying to sell PM if interested.