Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Jamis Coda Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jamis Coda Sport

I just wanted to show-off my new ride. I normally do mountain biking on my Spec. Stumpy 29er, but decided to get some road miles in for additional weight loss. I tested some nice road bikes but just could not get comfortable with the drop bars and brifters. I read a lot of good things about the Coda model from Jamis and took a chance and ordered one for $700. I am extremely pleased with my choice. I'm doing 20 & 30 miles jaunts with it and I am very comfortable on it. The steel frame gives a nice ride and at 26lbs it's more than adequate for my needs.

With the bar-ends, I get a little variety on the hand position, though not as much if I had drop bars. I pulled the heavy suspension seatpost and cheap saddle and installed a Sette APX carbon post I had laying around and a Charge Spoon saddle. Even better, I've dropped 20 lbs in 2 months (6'3 248lbs right now and otw to 230) and feel great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Jamis Coda 001.jpg (73.9 KB, 63 views)
Jamis Coda 004.jpg (63.5 KB, 42 views)
Jamis Coda 005.jpg (61.2 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Makarov; 08-13-09 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-13-09, 07:41 PM
Triathlon in my future???

Bikes: Junk, that is why I am here. :-)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I like my Jamis bikes. Mostly because the LBS that supports them. That makes all the difference for me. Good luck and have fun with it.
Swim, Bike, Run and sounds like fun
Old 08-14-09, 01:31 AM

Bikes: 2007 Trek 7.2FX,1988 Nishiki Century

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats on your new rig....looks sharp and it's steel
But, I was wondering though: Are my eyes a tad skewed, or is that saddle a bit down-sloped? You don't slide off?
Old 08-14-09, 08:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yea, I noticed that in the pic but it seems to fit me OK and I don't have the sliding off feel. I will check it when I get home.
Old 08-14-09, 11:13 AM

Bikes: 2009 Jamis Sputnik, a couple of old mixtes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love Jamis bikes! Congrats!
Old 08-14-09, 01:41 PM

Bikes: Jamis Coda

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I love my Coda. I too put on bar ends and find them give enough positions that even rides up to 80 miles (longest so far) have been comfortable. I like the stock seat well enough, but I too ditched the stock seatpost. I'm also down a bit on weight (6'1" 240# from 280#) Of course as a commuter I carry an additional 20# or so of gear, I've gotten so used to the extra weight on the bike that I even take it with me on club rides...I keep telling the guys to watch out when I get a lighter bike.lol. I've promised myself a road or cross bike for club rides when I hit 200#.