Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Finding Older Pro Footage

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 10:42 AM
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts

Anyone know where we can find DVD (or VHS) copies from Hinault's, Fignon's, (and perhaps Merckx's) era? (Aside from La Course en Tete & Greatest Show on Earth. Got those.)

I love the old Lemond vids and the Coors Classic Vids (with Alexi Grewal spitting at the cameraman and Davis Phinney's shamefully hilarious whining & temper tantrums) but I'd love to see more of the older stuff.

Anything available out there besides the WCP dvd's?

Last edited by calamarichris; 08-18-09 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Bolded & underlined final sentence, because it was apparently invisible.
Old 08-18-09, 10:51 AM
Lance Hater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.worldcycling.com/DVD-RACE...epartments/11/
Old 08-18-09, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There's a couple of stores on eBay that sells these same videos. Most are the same prices, but some seemed a little cheaper.
Old 08-18-09, 11:48 AM
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Originally Posted by Proteos
There's a couple of stores on eBay that sells these same videos. Most are the same prices, but some seemed a little cheaper.
THANK YOU! (Don't know why I didn't think of that before.) Lot of Lance-chaff to wade through, but found a few gems too.
Old 08-18-09, 12:50 PM
Pokes On Spokes

Bikes: Pedal Force ZX3

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calamarichris
THANK YOU! (Don't know why I didn't think of that before.) Lot of Lance-chaff to wade through, but found a few gems too.
Can you post links or the names of them? I'm interested, too.
Old 08-18-09, 01:09 PM
Banned.

I had the best results with doing an Ebay search with terms like, "hinault dvd", "indurain dvd" and "giro d'italia dvd".
Just be sure you're getting the NTSC-format DVD's. There were a lot of Australian sellers offering PAL dvds which won't work in the US.