Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

New ride (free) for Asheville Sept 12th

Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Old 08-20-09, 09:13 PM

Bikes: Giant TCR C2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got this email about this new ride here in Asheville

Hello Biking Buddies,
Mark your calendars for Sept. 12th!
There is a new bike event in town. My daughter Ashley, myself, Craggie Brewing Company, Crest Mountain, and The National MS Society are teaming up to put on the first annual Craggie to Crest bike event. This is an official training ride for the MS ride held Oct. 3rd and 4th in Greenville, SC. You don't have to be signed up for the ride in Greenville to do this one. Everyone is invited! This is a fully supported FREE ride with cue sheets, rest stops, and turn by turn signage. It includes a metric century loop and a shorter loop of about 30 -35 miles. Best of all we will have FREE BEER at the end of the ride along with a tour of the brewery and other stuff, too. We are still working on getting some lunch after the ride. The route will be mostly rollers from Asheville to Marshall and back. The start / finish is at the corner of Hilliard and Coxe Ave. downtown, in the parking lot between Craggie Brewing Co. and Bio Wheels. Start time 8:30 registration starts at 7:00.
PLEASE pass this e-mal along to all your riding friends post it on your face book page or web site and anywhere you can. We want to get as many folks to do the ride as we can.
Old 08-24-09, 04:25 AM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sound very tempting...
Do you have a link for a webpage? I would have to drive up from Pendleton. I am also one of those Clydesdales, the last metric century took a while (4:49 in 96 degree heat)
Old 08-29-09, 10:29 PM
Daily Commuter-Tampa, FL

Bikes: Orbea Ora, Cannondale R800, old Cannondale, murry mountain bike, EZ Rider recombent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rhino,
https://sites.google.com/a/weeklyride...-training-ride

Good luck

League of American Bicyclist LCI 3144
♥♥ Please support riders if you can ♥♥