Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Trek Fuel 70

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Trek Fuel 70

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek Fuel 70

I am just about to purchase a 2004 Trek Fuel 70 (I wish I had a bigger budget!!). I did a short test ride and it felt like a pretty sweet ride. Anyone own this model, or similar, that can give me an honest review of the bike before I fork over my cash? Or maybe have an opinion on a different bike?

Thanks
Old 07-14-04, 07:45 PM
Tomahawks for Peace!

Bikes: Santa Cruz Heckler, Kona Unit, Giant Yukon, KHS Alite 300, Trek 4300

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One of my bikes is a Trek Fuel 90, a very sweet ride it is. The components are the difference, making it a bit heavier too. The bike tracks like a hardtail and rides smooth. I would recommend it in a heartbeat!
Old 07-14-04, 07:48 PM

Bikes: 03' BigHit Comp/DH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can also read reviews by people riding the bike here:

https://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2004_ful...t_122973.shtml
Old 07-14-04, 09:04 PM
New Biker, 37

Bikes: 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ejgonz
I am just about to purchase a 2004 Trek Fuel 70 (I wish I had a bigger budget!!). I did a short test ride and it felt like a pretty sweet ride. Anyone own this model, or similar, that can give me an honest review of the bike before I fork over my cash? Or maybe have an opinion on a different bike?

Thanks
I test road this bike and am considering it as well. I really liked the way it felt, both in fit and ride. Look at the thread "Specialized or Trek? Dual or Hardtail" and view the poll and feedback there.

I really like the Rockhopper Pro Disc, (wish I could go Stumpjumper Pro Disc) and the FSR XC. So far, most forum members that have weighed in are pro-FSR.

Someone gave a good piece of advice that I plan to follow: Test ride them all. And if you still can't decide, test ride them again. You're spending good money. Good luck. I'm curious to know what you decide.
Old 07-14-04, 09:28 PM
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
It's a decent bike, old platform though, for a beginner to FS it is a very good bike to get. When you get it, do make sure that you check the stays of it every month or so for crack since the fuel's stays are flex stay and that they don't use pivots on them, those flex stays will crack and fail if constantly beat on for 2-3 years, some have gone past that mark some haven't though I've seen one returned due to a crack in the stays 5 months in, person bought it new.
Old 07-15-04, 11:00 PM
Footballus vita est

Bikes: Trek 4500, Kona Dawg

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Since comparison shopping never hurts, you might also consider a Giant NRS 3. Pretty similar design goal: make a bike that pedals like a hardtail but takes the edge off the bumps.