Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Rear Tire problems

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Rear Tire problems

Old 09-07-09, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rear Tire problems

Each of the last 2 years my rear tire has broke down. The very middle of the rim where the peg goes through the tire lets go. I bought both of my bikes at Wal mart - could this be the problem? Maybe there is something im doing wrong when im riding - I bike about 15K a day every day to wok? Is there a way to repair this or do i need a new rim? Any advice greatly appreciated!
Old 09-07-09, 06:01 PM
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Uh... what?

Explain better if you want help. Good pictures would help if you don't know your terminology.
Old 09-07-09, 07:31 PM

Bikes: Montague Folding/E-Bike, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
https://sheldonbrown.com/gloss_w.html#wheel

From there, it will give you articles defining and explaining many aspects of wheels. Do a bunch of reading, and I think you will figure out what the parts on your wheel are called. Then you should be able to make your question clearer and receive more useful answers.

EDIT: By the way, if you can, posting pictures of your wheel (from multiple angles, preferably), would be of great help in diagnosing your wheels problem.