Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

I got to see stage 13 on a bigger screen than you

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-04, 01:14 AM
The Zon Is On!

Bikes: Giant Rainier Giant OCR3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On Sat I went to "The Tour de France, Live, Loud and Large" presented by the Tyler Hamliton Foundation to benefit MS and junior cycling. We got to watch a commerical free HD feed from OLN in a staduim seated movie theater!!! Before the stage there was a large contilential breakfast and a presentation from the acting head of the foundation and Tyler's Father, who read an e-mail from Tyler thanking us for cheering him on. There was about 300 people in the theater. So right before they turn on the stage the head is getting the the crowd all worked up and exicited, and what is the first image we see...

Tyler abandoning...

Mr. Hamilton rushed out of the room to try to get in touch with his son, and it felt that all the air was just let out of the building, it was silent for 2 mins.

When we got over our collective shock and disapointment of what had happend, it was a blast. There was some forced appluse when ever a phonak rider was shown, but mostly we laghed at Phil and Paul cheered for the yellow jersey and the place exploded when Lance kicked for the line.

It was a great time and Hamilton family was very nice and thanked everyone personally for coming.

I just wanted to brag....

-Middi-zon

Giant Rainier
Giant OCR 3