Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Long Handlebar Grips

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Long Handlebar Grips

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-09, 12:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Long Handlebar Grips

I'm fixing up a 1995 GT Timberline I found in the dumpster. Basically planning it to turn it into a commuter. I'm looking for replacement grips for the bullhorn handlebars. The closest thing I found is here. Unfortunately, they don't ship to the US.

Does anyone know where I can get the above grips in the States, or something similar. If I can't find anything, then I guess I will just go with handlebar tape unless someone has another recommendation.

Here's a pic of the grips from the UK site if it helps, the UK site says they are a foot long.

Old 09-12-09, 01:04 AM
"I'm the Man in Black"

Bikes: IndyFab 29er SS, Surly CrossCheck, Titus Moto-lite, Specialized Enduro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mumei
I'm fixing up a 1995 GT Timberline I found in the dumpster. Basically planning it to turn it into a commuter. I'm looking for replacement grips for the bullhorn handlebars. The closest thing I found is here. Unfortunately, they don't ship to the US.

Does anyone know where I can get the above grips in the States, or something similar. If I can't find anything, then I guess I will just go with handlebar tape unless someone has another recommendation.

Here's a pic of the grips from the UK site if it helps, the UK site says they are a foot long.

A good handle bar tape will be your best bet. Get a cushy pseudo-leather and it will be as good as any rubber type grip for those bars