Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Just Ordered ANOTHER Folder & Wife Didn't Complain

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-09, 03:11 PM

Location: Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA

Bikes: 2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20 & a 1964 Schwinn Tiger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wife realized that when we went back to Vancouver in November (without our BF's cause we can only carry so much stuff) she wouldn't have a bike to ride. I have my Dahon single-speed there, but she has ZIP.

Soooo...I just ordered a new BF Pocket 8 for her to use for our local riding in Vancouver. She thought about whether it would be best to get a tikit or the Pocket 8, and decided upon the latter.

My first thought was possibly a Downtube Nova, but we already have racks and fenders for Fridays, they are easy to work on, we have a good local dealer (Coventry Cycle Works in Portland) and, in the end, I preferred sending the money to Eugene rather than China (Sorry, Yan).

So, now we are even - three bikes apiece! (The cruisers will be sold with the Ventura Place - they are handy for shopping with their large baskets, but they are also real slugs that are hard on our knees.
Lou
Old 10-02-09, 03:19 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Interesting collection you've there. We got my wife a Helios years ago. I ride it more than she does. Great bikes.
Old 10-02-09, 08:28 PM

Location: Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA

Bikes: 2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20 & a 1964 Schwinn Tiger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saw an older couple (possibly older than us?) on what looked like Helios' today, riding along the beach here in Ventura, CA. First time I had seen them, or a Helios for that matter.

My wife LOVES her BF Crusoe, and the only other person she has let ride it is our 12 year old grandson (Who thought it was really neat). AT first, she questioned spending close to $2,000 on a custom-made bike because she figured she couldn't tell the difference from a cheap one. WRONG! Many times, she feels like ONE with her bike as we moves quickly along.

I am very appreciative of the fact she likes to ride.

She mentioned today that she hoped the weather wasn't too winter like when we get back to Vancouver in early November, so she could ride her new bike. Got to love that attitude in a 65 year old woman!

Lou
Old 10-02-09, 10:24 PM

Bikes: lots... even a Raleigh twenty !!!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Foldable Two
Saw an older couple (possibly older than us?) on what looked like Helios' today, riding along the beach here in Ventura, CA. First time I had seen them, or a Helios for that matter.

My wife LOVES her BF Crusoe, and the only other person she has let ride it is our 12 year old grandson (Who thought it was really neat). AT first, she questioned spending close to $2,000 on a custom-made bike because she figured she couldn't tell the difference from a cheap one. WRONG! Many times, she feels like ONE with her bike as we moves quickly along.

I am very appreciative of the fact she likes to ride.

She mentioned today that she hoped the weather wasn't too winter like when we get back to Vancouver in early November, so she could ride her new bike.

Got to love that attitude in a 65 year old woman!

Lou
Lou,

Bottle that enthusiasm and sell it.....you'll be rich!!

Oh yeah, and send me a bottle for my wife too.