Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Farmington Rail Trail Extended

Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Old 10-02-09, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

For those of you familiar with the Farmington River Greenway, the northern terminus in Suffield, CT has been extended to connect with the Southwick, MA trail. The bridges at the CT-MA border have been installed and you can now pass through. There is still one short section (.3 miles) that is unpaved hardpacked gravel. I had no problems on it riding 700x28 tires. I've heard that they will be paving that section soon.
Old 10-05-09, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rode that section today. The 3/10 mile of gravel will be paved Wed, Oct 7. The paved trail will then end at Point Grove Rd on the north side of Lake Congamond, Southwick MA. It's loose packed sand from that point north. I did about a 1/4 mile of the sand, not fun, even on 26x1.5 tires with my mountain bike. Don't know when the next section is scheduled to be completed.