Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Transportation Alternatives Party in Queens!

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-09, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Queens Riders -

TA's Queens Committee is hosting a Membership Party on Tuesday Oct. 20 - 6:30-9:30 - at the Creek (right near the Pulaski Bridge and the 7 train). Come out and hob nob with fellow riders and friends in LIC!

Admission is $10 for TA members, or free for non members who sign up with TA ($30/year, which gets you all sorts of goodies).

There will be free food, $2 off all drinks, and $2 margaritas.

There will also be a pinata in the shape of a four wheeled foe of cyclists everywhere. smashy smashy....

You can score an awesome "I bike Qns" tee, which sold out some time ago but have been produced again in limited numbers for this event, for $25 each.

Best of all, there will be raffle prizes! Last year folks won shirts, messenger bags and even a groovy street bike complete with fenders and lights and bells. This year, there should be similar stuff, plus gift certificates for local places. There might also be a very special one-off messenger bag up for grabs, designed by a tres famous NYC musician (fingers crossed, I want that sucker).

Hope to see y'all there!
Old 10-20-09, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*bump*

hope to see you all tonight. I'll be in a fedora, eyeing up the pinata and looking around for messenger bag prizes... - stop by and say hi if you attend.