Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Iphone Otterbox Defender Mount

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-09, 10:21 PM

Bikes: Soma Doublecross DC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone have any info on this mount: https://andres-industries.de/index.ph...mid=80&lang=en
Old 10-19-09, 09:06 AM
Senior Moment

Bikes: Fuji Absolute 4.0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice.

are you sure this is an 'OTTERBOX' product? looks similar but nowhere did I see that mentioned on the link above.

I have tried the RAM mount box for iphone and it held the phone but the flexible outer surface would not permit touch to the screens and it would shutdown the screen as if it were in a pocket when closed inside the case.

This Bike Case product looks like a winner but I'd have to see it up close and in person to be sure.
Old 10-19-09, 10:29 AM

Bikes: Soma Doublecross DC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikegeek57
nice.

are you sure this is an 'OTTERBOX' product? looks similar but nowhere did I see that mentioned on the link above.

I have tried the RAM mount box for iphone and it held the phone but the flexible outer surface would not permit touch to the screens and it would shutdown the screen as if it were in a pocket when closed inside the case.

This Bike Case product looks like a winner but I'd have to see it up close and in person to be sure.
You're right. I'm not sure if it is the otterbox, but it looks very similar. I don't know why they wouldn't release it in the US, if it is. I had an Otterbox, but found that it was too bulky.

Thanks for the comment on the Ram Box. I thought about trying it, but I guess it doesn't work too well.
Old 10-21-09, 01:34 AM
Car-Free Flatlander

Bikes: Sirrus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikegeek57
If you don't mind draining the battery, wouldn't setting Auto-Lock to "NEVER" in the iPhone's General Settings solve this issue?
Old 10-26-09, 08:08 AM
Senior Moment

Bikes: Fuji Absolute 4.0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
not sure you can not have it autolock with the app in play (iMapMyRide). was not able to find an option in the app settings to not lock it. also not being able to interact with the screen at all is a negative. my battery lasts the length of my commutes and then some so that is not a problem with another app I use iRPM which is always displaying the data. the RAM Mount box did protect the phone though. RAM Mount would easily have handled a larger phone or other PDA. YMMV