Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Arlington, VA

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-09, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Been off the wheels for many years, purchased an 08 Gary Fisher KaiTai in the spring of this year on sale, started doing some 35 mile rides in the area, worked up to 50, 60, 75 mile loop rides in the area, and completed the Sea Gull Century last weekend (swapping the hybrid tires for slicks). That was *fun*.

Was interested in picking up a folding bike for non-car-based flexibility for times I go into the city (allows bike in -> metro home if the weather is ... adverse). Did some research here and decided to pick up a Downtube 9FS and carry bag (I'm towards the high end of the weight range for folding bikes so the 9FS was the only choice). The orange seemed a little too much of an attention getter for a high bike-theft environment, so I went with the black...

That's all for now!

-brendan
Old 10-20-09, 08:40 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to Bike Forums, Brendan. I'm impressed that you did a century on a hybrid - I hurt when I do one on my road bike.

Do you have a photo of your new folder?

Forum Guidelines *click here*
Old 10-21-09, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CbadRider
Welcome to Bike Forums, Brendan. I'm impressed that you did a century on a hybrid - I hurt when I do one on my road bike.

Do you have a photo of your new folder?
A friend did the century on a mountain bike (and received a couple glib comments during the century as well). Without clips or clipless pedals even. Now that's hard core!

The downtube is still in transit. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures once it arrives.

-brendan
Old 10-21-09, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome bhoar ! You may be surprised one you ride the folder, quite alright, I was.