Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from London

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from London

Old 10-27-09, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from London

Hi,

Badpoppers is my username because a friend of mine once drunk some and was very very ill for a week after, he's fine now but I like to use it as a username as it makes me smile when I think about it.

I started getting back into cycling this year when I moved within easy commuting distance of work, I said to myself if I can cycle everyday to work on my mountain bike Raleigh Activator (the first bike with suspension forks) I would treat myself to a new bike. And so I did and I brought a Charge Plug Racer which I adored, I put Aerospokes onto it front and rear and pimped it around east London for a while until it got stolen.

By this time I had done a lot of research and I was interested in getting another track frame with my insurance money. So I picked up a Lee Cooper (of Coventry) custom build track/ tt bike. It is such unique design that I couldn't resist; I put some colonago straight forks on it, front aerospoke for pimp and a B43 rear wheel. Loving it but it's heavy.

After riding that for a month I started getting interested in Lo-pros, I picked up an Aende lo pro frame which I am in the process of building up into a road bike (it has vertical dropouts) which I hope to use in amateur TT's - if anyone can point me in the right direction I would love to get involved in a club. That's it regarding the bike history

Otherwise about me, I have an addictive personality and so bikes is a great thing to get into the history is so vast and in the last 10months I have researched bikes mostly in the track / road / tt area and absorbed as much as I can. I am really enjoying the hunt for parts (by going to jumbles) or keeping an eye out on eBay and then putting things together. I built my girlfriends single speed from a Condor 653 road frame, with other random bits, she loves it so I’m happy.

I'll post some images soon.
Old 10-27-09, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome ! From what I read, you'll enjoy here. Likewise as well I'm sure.
Old 10-27-09, 01:33 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to Bike Forums. Check out the UK regional forum for other riders in your area.

Forum Guidelines *click here*
Old 10-27-09, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ello badpoppers! im from Bristol myself