Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Cyclocross Racing
Reload this Page >

First race done!

Search
Notices
Cyclocross Racing Discuss pro racing, the big races, and even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

First race done!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-09, 09:08 AM
Draught

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First race done!

Rode in the Dicklane Velodrome Psychocross on Halloween.

I met my goal. I finished and didn't DFL. 26th of 38 starters. 33 finishers. The course was muddy as could be with 3/4 of a lap on the track surface followed by a long infield section that was deeeeep mud, then a climb out of the track that I don't think anyone was able to ride, pavement section, curb hop into some woods with switchbacks and slick mud, curb down to the pavement and back to the track.

I lined up in the back for the start and took it easy letting anyone who wanted to go fast pass me until I got into a rhythm. The last thing I wanted to do was blow up early. I ended up getting lapped of course, but I did beat a guy dressed up like a sandbag, and Eliot with ET. And I was able to give my five year old son a hi-five every lap which he absolutely loved.

Great time and glad to finally be racing again. Now I just need to get skinny and fit.

The attached image shows my rendition of the course. Close enough to get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DickLanePsycoCross.jpg (105.9 KB, 13 views)