Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Lurker from the OC in CA.

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 11-07-09, 08:39 PM

Bikes: Univega Activa ST

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Been using the forums for a couple years now. Figured I'd better register so I can ask questions and introduce myself.

Wife and I live in Fullerton. We have been primarily using bikes for transport locally and went car-free in July. We're also looking into slowly gearing up for a cross-country tour in a couple years after she's done with grad school.

She was riding an old Miyata 110. We sold that and put her on an '08 Fuji Crosstown 4.0 from craigslist recently while we build up the tourer. Stole the Fuji from a guy on CL for $80. He moved to the east coast and didn't want to take the bike.

I started on an KHS Alite 1000, but soon realized I needed something more suited to the road. I don't really ride the loop or off-road much. So after I fix the worn out bottom bracket, I'll be selling it.

I picked up an old Univega Activa ST for free to replace it as my commuter bike. I'll need to post picks in the appropriate forum and have T-Mar or someone check the serial number for me.

So anyways, I'm official now I guess.
Old 11-07-09, 09:42 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to Bike Forums. You need to check out the Living Car Free and Touring forums.

There are a lot of OC riders in the Southern California regional forum, too.

A cross-country tour? Like from CA to the east coast and back?

Forum Guidelines *click here*
Old 11-07-09, 10:13 PM

Bikes: Univega Activa ST

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, the idea is to ride west coast to east coast. We're avid lightweight hikers, so the transition to biking seems natural. I figured we'd possibly do the PCH ride first depending on whether the wife gets in this fellowship program next summer. (It's in the midwest).

And thanks. I've already posted once to the SoCal forum. I've been reading the touring, car free, and commuting forums for a long time now. It will be nice to be able to post in them

I figured I'd post there once I got some decent pics of my ride.