Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Vote here - Old forum vs New forum

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.
View Poll Results: Old forum vs New forum
Old forum
80.00%
New Forum
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-09, 12:21 AM

Bikes: Too many to count

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Since there are so many extreme opinions of love/hate for the new website, this poll is being put up here for you to log your vote. Please only vote one time.

What do you prefer? Old forum or new forum?
Old 11-21-09, 12:39 AM

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Classic BF, please.
Old 11-21-09, 12:45 AM
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
There's no point voting on this ... we're not going back to the old forum. We can only hope someone listens to what is being said in the New Bike Forums Technical Issues thread and fixes some stuff.

But I'd also be interested in hearing about all the great new features in this software ... it would be nice if someone would "sell" it to us.
Old 11-21-09, 04:18 AM
Grumpy

Bikes: Fuji Nevada 3.0/ Giant Sedona DX/Giant Defy 3/ Corsa with a tall seat post

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't really care for the new format. I will get accustomed to it.

This site is FREE for me to view, so I feel that I have no right to complain.
Old 11-21-09, 12:37 PM

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
Vote by moving to another cycling forum.

Tom and the rest of the IB crew; if I don't get a good explanation of WHY this new format was necessary and why you think it is better to look at than the old one, I'm outta here. I sent IB a $100 check after they took over the site and that's on top of the money I sent Joe. No Titanium club for me, though. And now this. Great. Just great.
Old 11-21-09, 01:22 PM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
We aren't going back, sorry, and it's for some pretty valid technical reasons. We simply couldn't continue to use the v3.X iterations of vBulletin. We do plan on offering skin options, and even IPhone options and other microdevice options as soon as we have this working right. We're using the default skin for now until we have gotten through the update and release cycle because it simplifies applying patches, and we want to also think out the other style releases for maximum compatibility of code between the styles for simplicity of maintenance, at which point we will start looking at these other skin options for all of you.

I can tell you that the Ihone/Microscreen skin is on the horizon for 2010, as soon as we can allocate the resources to develop it. The current IPhone compatible skins are not compliant with vB4 code.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant