Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from colorful Colorado

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-09, 05:58 PM
Vintage Bike Rental.com

Bikes: Schwinn cruisers, NOS Orange Varsity and about 30 others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My name is Steve and I live in Golden, Colorado. I have been a bike addict for about 6 months and I thought I was in a 12 step program but I had 12 bikes by August.
I refurbish a lot of Schwinn bikes, Cruisers & Townies but I also dabble in some customs and did my first paint job (which I posted about the wonders of using Lacquer).
I have been stalking the forum long enough so now I joined.
I also have an Aprila Tuono sport bike and VW eos so I am sure that will help with all of you profiling me.
I have 2 bike web sites https://findfixride.blogspot.com and https://www.vintagebikerental.com (just an idea but I am getting hits).
I do web design and programming to make a living and blow it playing with bikes.
Nice to meet you all!
Steve
This is my Schwinn unknown, was painted black with metal flake and I could not find any markings as it was sanded and prime applied way back when. After stripping I thought it was cool and just left it metal, use a secret formula to keep the rust away (shotgun oil)

This is my skip tooth Monkey Wards Hawthorne

Last edited by findfixride; 12-21-09 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-21-09, 08:32 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to Bike Forums, Steve! I think twelve bikes qualifies you as a certified addict.

Post a photo of your unknown Schwinn in the Classic & Vintage forum, they can probably help you identify it.

Forum Guidelines *click here*