Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

upgrading my cranset

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

upgrading my cranset

Old 08-09-04, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
upgrading my cranset

Hi, i am looking to buy a new crank, chainrings(single) and BB, i was wondering is this a very important part to upgrade should i spend alot of money? i was thinking Truvativ Hussefelt , Truvativ ISIS DH BB, DMR saturn?
Old 08-09-04, 04:26 PM
The Rabbi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
You have a Trek 4300, right? Why would you put a downhill/freeride crank on a recreational XC bike??? For XC the new Shimano LX/XT is a nice crank.
Old 08-09-04, 05:45 PM
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wallster
Hi, i am looking to buy a new crank, chainrings(single) and BB, i was wondering is this a very important part to upgrade should i spend alot of money? i was thinking Truvativ Hussefelt , Truvativ ISIS DH BB, DMR saturn?
If you're a big guy like me the Hussefelt with a GigaPipe Team DH bottom bracket is a solid choice. Yeah it's a little much for XC, but then again XC caters to those of the 160 pound class no to us big guys who need stronger components.