Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Just another new guy

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Just another new guy

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just another new guy

New to the forum but not new to biking. Been riding a old Nasbar road bike for the last 15 years. I started spending more time in the saddle last year after I retired to North Carolina (I'm in the over 50 group) and found I had forgotten how much I loved riding on the open roads. I started looking at Bikeforums when I decided to get a new bike. I'm still looking but enjoying the process. I find a wealth of information on this forum and enjoy the members veiws on everything relating to cycling. I still have a lot to learn. Thanks
Old 01-27-10, 08:15 PM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums.
What new bikes seem to be talking to you?

Old 02-01-10, 01:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bikes of interest

Sorry I missed you reply. I live on the coast in N. Carolina in a small town and the bike choices are limited to a couple dealers in Wilmington. I'm looking at the Specialized Allez and Roubaix, the Gaint Defy and Fuji's Roubaix and Newist. I had a good chance to buy a good used Tarmac but thought it might be too stiff for long rides (I don't race). I'm not sure if you can tame a racing bike for endurace riding. I ride about 100 miles a week sometimes more if I can catch a local event. Are you farmilar with any of the bikes I mentioned above? Thanks
Old 02-01-10, 02:03 PM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Originally Posted by al49
Sorry I missed you reply. I live on the coast in N. Carolina in a small town and the bike choices are limited to a couple dealers in Wilmington. I'm looking at the Specialized Allez and Roubaix, the Gaint Defy and Fuji's Roubaix and Newist. I had a good chance to buy a good used Tarmac but thought it might be too stiff for long rides (I don't race). I'm not sure if you can tame a racing bike for endurace riding. I ride about 100 miles a week sometimes more if I can catch a local event. Are you farmilar with any of the bikes I mentioned above? Thanks
No. I did put 700 X 28's on my race bike and have done tours and many 100 mile rides on it.

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...League-City-TX

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...Bend-Bike-Ride

Old 02-02-10, 07:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks

That is something I didn't think to do. Maybe I'll expand my search a little. Thanks