Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

here we go again

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

here we go again

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-10, 05:25 PM
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
here we go again

And finally te season starts for me. Earlier in the week I rode my morning training ride on the MTB - just to make sure we were in ice-out conditions (no more snow/ice on the route). All the snow was gone off the roads & paths and most of the melt was draining well so not many spots that would be icey when morning temps are below 32. This morning my riding buddy and I took off at 6AM as is our normal case when weather permits. He has his first race of the season this Sat, I have not started planning my events yet.

Now that the biking season has returned it's time to lay out the training plan, my events for the year, etc. I thing I will go after Whiteface again this year - hopefully I won't flat out again. I think an early tour-de-cure century in June will be in the works. Should I shoot for a century a month starting in May? Maybe sign up for my first road race (whiteface is a race but that doesn't count - 3800' of climb over 8 miles is just a grind fest). Ah - it feels good to be biking again.
Old 03-18-10, 05:42 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I think you're beyond the "century per month" club. You should take on a larger challange on like a bi-weekly assault on Whitface.

Snow's gone here too, the whole 80+ inches of it. I'll be posting a short ride report with pics later this evening.
Old 03-18-10, 06:35 PM
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cranky old dude
I think you're beyond the "century per month" club. You should take on a larger challange on like a bi-weekly assault on Whitface.

Snow's gone here too, the whole 80+ inches of it. I'll be posting a short ride report with pics later this evening.
I'm not that crazy Lenny.
maybe twice/season is all I would care to do. I need to save a little for Greylock...
I have one more ski weekend in the DAKs and one more in Utah and then I switch over entirely.