Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Clermont Florida is in the HOUSE!!!!!!!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What's up guys!!
I just moved to Clermont, Florida from Kissimmee, where I had a very active job as a gator wrestler at a park called Gatorland. As I no longer work there, I am looking for a hobby, and a form of exercise. I am not much of a gym goer. Gator bites and other injuries over the years make it tough to lift weights, or go running. So, I have rediscovered cycling. I used to do a lot of it when I was younger. As a matter of fact, back in the late 80s and early nineties, I worked as a bicycle delivery boy, and was in all my glory. I never used my car. I was a lot fitter then I am now, and, rubbing elbows with other bicycle delivery boys, I got to go on all sorts of tours and rides. However, somewhere along the way, I left my bike seat and never returned.
So, twenty some odd years later, I find myself in bad shape, more beat up and with lingering aches and pains then I would like, and looking for some form of physical activity. I have a mountain bike, which I will put slicks on. That's pretty much the only modding I will be doing on it, as I remember a time when your bike did EVERYTHING you needed it to. This bike, which is about 15 years old, is my chariot, my steed, and I just can't see myself getting another one. I am looking to do long distance riding for fun and adventure, maybe one day going solo across the US. LOL. A bit lofty a goal, I know, but one can dream, can't they? I am looking forward to reading the stories on here, and getting to know all you guys. Hopefully, this old man can still run with the young guns.
Old 05-05-10, 11:18 AM
Formerly Known as Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Hello and welcome to Bike Forums. I'm fairly certain you're the only ex-alligator wrestler we have around here.

Regarding your sea-to-sea dream (if that's the direction you intend to do the crossing), other people have done it, why couldn't you? Drop in the Touring Forum for inspiration.

--J

Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?

Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
Community guidelines
Old 05-05-10, 11:31 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Juha
Regarding your sea-to-sea dream (if that's the direction you intend to do the crossing), other people have done it, why couldn't you? Drop in the Touring Forum for inspiration.

--J
Oh I know. I was reading some of the threads, and that's what got me thinking about it.
The only reason I say it's a lofty goal for me is that right now, between being in bad shape and with all the nagging injuries (bad back, injured in a wrestling show, bad hips and knees, bad wrists), if I were to die today, you could donate my body to science fiction. LOL. Thanks for the positive thoughts, though. I appreciate it.
Old 05-05-10, 01:19 PM
Double Rainbow....

Bikes: 2012 Trek/Gary Fisher Wahoo 29r Hardtail

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums!!
Old 05-05-10, 06:52 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you. Thank you very much.
Old 05-06-10, 08:09 PM
Clydetastic Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey man! Welcome to the forums. You're not TOO far from me. I hope to see pics of your chariot soon!
Old 05-08-10, 09:25 AM

Bikes: 2006 caad8, 2010 caad9 1, 2011 caad10 4

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Welcome to bike forums...