Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New rider, extremely obsessed! Road and Mountain!

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 05-17-10, 08:33 AM
bikerart

Bikes: specialized sequoia elite, specialized hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not sure how it took me until 40 to fall in love with cycling. I bought a hybrid 2 months ago, simultaneously my close friend bought a carbon fiber trek hybrid, which was expensive, and FAST! He also bought an IBIS mojo, and it took me about two weeks to realize my used Giant hybrid wasn't going to cut it. I bought a Specialized HardRock for the mountain riding very near to my house in Studio City, CA. I also stepped it up to a Sequoia Elite for the road. Now, I at least feel better equipped to keep up. My fitness level is really coming fast and furious, and the worst part of my day is when I put my bikes in the garage. I'm happy to be here on this board, meeting all of you fine folks with the same interest. Yesterday was a 2 hour mountain bike trek through Fryman canyon going on to explore Franklin canyon, before riding right back home. today, I'll be riding to work - round trip about 23 miles. Getting ready for AIDS ride 2011!
Old 05-17-10, 08:49 AM
Formerly Known as Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Hello and welcome to Bike Forums!

It feels good to find a new interest at adult age, doesn't it? I took up cycling when I was 20 something, but started kayaking when I was over 30. Both can take me to places that would be hard to reach otherwise. I'm hooked for life, I hope.

--J

Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?

Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
Community guidelines