Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Good Bikes anyone?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Good Bikes anyone?

Old 03-16-02, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good Bikes anyone?

Sorry to ask a question I would imagine all of ya'll get a lot, but I'm gonna any way.

I'm looking into geting a good moutain bike (around the $350) range, and I was wondering what ya'll had to suggest.

I looked at a Trek 4300 today, and I loved it. I'm just worried that since I know absolutly nothing about bikes that I'm going to get something that I either don't need, or is not good.

I want to use the bike to ride to school here in Lubbock Texas, and also to do some minor off roading on the weekends. Any information ya'll can give me would be greatly appreciated.

PS Where are good places to look for bikes for sell on the web?
Old 03-17-02, 06:38 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Welcome to BikeForums.

I can't give a good answer about the Trek 4300. I not as knowledgeable about mountain bikes as most other members. I ride road bikes.

You say you don't know a whole lot about bikes, so go to a few bike shops and talk with the manager/owner. Tell him/her about the kind of riding you'll be doing, your budget, and ask for an explanation of anything you don't understand.
Shop around for a bike shop where you feel comfortable talking with the peolpe and buy from them.

Most important: Get a bike that FITS. If the fit isn't right you will not enjoy riding no matter how much you pay or what features the bike has.

Let us know what bike you get and good riding.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 03-17-02, 10:30 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For $350, you might get a decent or a usable bike, but not a "good" bike.
Those cost more $$.