Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Cycling with the ghost of Jerome K Jerome

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-10, 08:45 AM

Bikes: Multicycle Double Dream Tandem + VTC 'hack'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi I am an Englishman retired to France with my wife. We have recently returned to recreational cycling with a brand new tandem built buy the Dutch manufacturer Multicycle. We have owned tandems before, but were last 'active' 19 years ago! We now have a combined 'team' age of 124! (with the dog in his basket - 133!!)
The reason for my introduction title is that I have always liked the books of Jerome K Jerome especially 'Three Men on the Bummel' which, for those that don't know it, is about a cycle tour in Germany at the end of the 18th century. It is Jerome's humour that I like of course, but also his outlook on what cycling should be about, just a healthy means of transport and a great way to see the country. It seems a million years away from today's billions of dollar industry of bikes, clothes and equipment!
Of course I am only a hypocritic dreamer as I have bought a new tandem, with latest hub gears, computer, hydraulic brakes, Alloy frame.. but in my mind, as we coast down those sweeping hills - I am wearing a top hat, sports jacket and my wife has bonnet and long dress!
Anyway found 'Bike Forums' when I was trying to decide what tandem to go for - and ended up buying one that doesn't seem to get a mention!
300 kilometres down the road I don't regret it and welcome any discussions about it. Is a link allowed? : https://www.multicycle.nl/productgrou...1=111&group=10

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
doubledream 003 L&#.jpg (60.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by DoubleDream; 06-14-10 at 07:08 AM. Reason: add a picture of our new pride and joy
Old 06-13-10, 10:32 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Welcome to BikeForums.
Rather than following a link showing several bikes, most of us would rather see a picture of your bike.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.