Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

My Co-Mo has been scheduled for paint!!!

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Old 09-15-04, 07:27 AM
Touchdown Iowa!

Bikes: A blue one, a red one, and a purple one, also a black and gold one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

talked to Elaine monday...she said that it was scheduled for paint on tuesday!!! Wow its wednesday and the wait is Killing me. How long does it take paint to dry? howhow long does finishint take. What happends after painting? questions questions questions!! How long does it take to ship??? I wonder anyone know???
Old 09-15-04, 08:49 AM
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Call Alan and shoot the breeze with him for a little bit... or 'Dwan. Either one have expressed a willingness to answer any questions you might have about your tandem. Your choice.

In general, the folks at Co-Motion are very willing to chat with customers and you'll appreciate having made that "connection" and can leverage it in the future (the second call is always easier) if you have questions about your tandem after it arrives.

Trust me when I tell you that they really enjoy hearing from and building personal relationships with their customers. After all, satisfied customers have been one of the keys to their success and growing popularity.
Old 09-15-04, 05:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mine came out of paint on the first, and I've yet to hear. I'm hopeful that we will hear something this week, but not too hopeful : )

OT getting ready to order a Calfee single, from the LBS we bought the co-mo from. His comment was "man you think co-motion is slow", I guess you can't rush quality.
Old 09-15-04, 09:30 PM

Bikes: Custom Zona c/f tandem + Scott Plasma single

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
After paint dries/cures, and some parts are attached, wheels built and gruppo is sorted out and boxed in a separate box, ready to be shipped to your LBS. Comes by truck and you can count on 5 days shipping time; then LBS still has to assemble.
Patience is a virtue! . . . but hurry up!!!
Rudy and Kay/Zona tandem
Old 09-16-04, 07:48 AM
Touchdown Iowa!

Bikes: A blue one, a red one, and a purple one, also a black and gold one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well if it takes that long I am looking at about 10 weeks for a Non-custom. (except for the paint. I have no idea on how to run a bicycle factory...however I would hope that the wheels would already be built and grouppo be ready for a painted frame. I have heard that the hold up for CO-MO is the paint. I wouldn't think that the two guys doing the painting are the same ones who build wheels? My LBS will call me the minute the bike comes in the box....so I can stand there and watch him assemble it and drool over it. LBS owner is a good guy who I see almost on a daily basis. (his shop is connected to a coffee house)
Old 09-16-04, 10:29 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paednoch
Well if it takes that long I am looking at about 10 weeks for a Non-custom. (except for the paint. I have no idea on how to run a bicycle factory...however I would hope that the wheels would already be built and grouppo be ready for a painted frame. I have heard that the hold up for CO-MO is the paint. I wouldn't think that the two guys doing the painting are the same ones who build wheels? My LBS will call me the minute the bike comes in the box....so I can stand there and watch him assemble it and drool over it. LBS owner is a good guy who I see almost on a daily basis. (his shop is connected to a coffee house)
I feel your pain. Of course mine was allegedly held up a week for the Campy upgrade, which might be true. I've been trying to scare up 2004 Record parts for a single, and they're becoming pretty scarce.

So, if the one week is true, you should be looking at about 9 weeks on yours.

BTW I've found that riding, and working on my single, and NOT looking at the catalog, helps take my mind off it. Hell, I've even forgot all about it........NOT

Chris