Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Serfas True 250? Anyone have one yet?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey everyone, I'm planning on upgrading my Niterider Minewt to one of the new niterider models. I like the idea of the battery attached to the lamp as well as having a universal mount. I also have my eye on the new Serfas True 250 light. I like the look of it and its also much brighter with a couple more options, including flash mode (a major plus). I was wondering if anyone has picked up either light and have some insight. I doubt I could go wrong with either, just curious.. Thanks!
Old 11-08-10, 07:29 PM
people's champ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
yes - i picked one up - and loved it - so much - that i picked up a second - i have both helmet mounted and man do they kick butt - they charge rather quick (3 or 4 hours with the smart charger) and i use on the highest 250 lumen output - so far i have gone 2 hours and 15 min and the lights are still providing a good deal of light - love em - i had a niterider road rat that gave took forever to charge and hardly lit the way
Old 11-11-10, 04:57 PM
----

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 4 Posts
Just bought one tonight.

Got a nice deal on it from the LBS I used to work at about 30 years ago (nice to have old friends). Threw it on the bike for the ride home and it was pre-charged. It's fantastic so far. VERY bright! I can't imagine needing anything brighter than this- I mean dark is dark and this one lit up the road really well in super dark and cast a good noticeable light under street lights and headlights.

Simple charging system, NO WIRES!!!!, lightweight (no pun intended). Basically, it's a light I've been designing in my head for years and finally the technology has caught up to provide what most of us have been dreaming about for years- a light that's compact, easy to recharge, recharges quickly and is extremely bright and solidly manufactured.