Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

So the SKS Chainboard is a failure...

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-10, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 34 Posts

It rubbed too much on the guiding pin and other things. I ended up pretty much demolishing it in a bid to get it to fit.

But I still ahve the metal attachment on the bottom bracket. This makes me think: I could pretty easily I think just get a straight piece of metal or plastic and just screw in the sucker, protecting most of my pant leg from the chain.

How to best do this?
Old 09-20-10, 09:30 PM

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
I am inclined to go down the same route. At the moment it is though the issue of prioritizing projects - my chain protection works, so the project is down in priority. In any case, my plan is to use an alu L-angle extending from the seat stay towards the seat tube. By the seat tube, I plan to add an alu sheet running down from the L-angle. I might split the sheet into two pieces, secured together with maybe with one rivet and one bolt, to allow for adjustments. My chainring is covered with a Chain Disk.