Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

2005 Trek 7500

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-04, 04:52 PM
SeaLevel

Bikes: 2006 Trek 7.7 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2005 Trek 7500

Just last week I purchased a brand new 2005 Trek 7500 hybrid. I had previously always owned Raleigh brand bicycles - several road bikes, one mountain, and one hybrid. I still have a Raleigh road bike and the hybrid, but I wanted something new to encourage me to ride more often. I had been aware of the Trek brand for most of their history, but just finally decided to give another brand a try. I injured my back about two years ago and am just now trying to ride on a regular basis again, so that is why I am drawn to hybrids.

So far it has been interesting getting used to the new bike. Partly because of the new "feel" and partly because of the debris left on the roads, bike paths and sidewalks from hurricanes Frances and Jeanne. I think I finally have found the right setup for the handlebars and seat, and I am finally getting used to the change in balance. I never fall off my bike and I have done it twice already on the 7500. Once I hit some pine needles that were covering some loose sand, and another time I just leaned too far over while making a slow turn around and BAM! Oh well... both times I was going slow and the bike wasn't damaged.

At first I wasn't sure about the rapid fire shifting system, but now I really like it. I also wasn't sure about the suspension fork and seat, two things I have never had before. After about 5 days of riding I am starting to like the feel. The setup suits the kind of riding I am doing now - 30 to 90 minute rides of mostly bike paths and slightly bumpy sidewalks. The sidewalks around here are really wide, with room for both walkers/joggers and bikes.

So, bottom line at this point: The bike isn't light, but it is very comfortable to ride and it is very good at what it is designed for - fitness/recreation type riding. After I loose a few pounds it will all balance out. The component group responds well, and the wheels and brakes are pretty nice. I like it.

P.S... No I don't work for Trek, and yes I would love to see another thread on Trek like the Electra Townie thread.
Old 12-29-04, 09:59 PM

Bikes: JAMIS EXPLORER HYBRID,RALEIGH CADENT, RALEIGH ROAD, DIAMONDBACK SORRENTO (MTN)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also live in Jtown and ride a hybrid- Jamis Explorer 3.0. I just got it this month and I love it! Let's get together for riding. Bikes on Tri-Rail to Ft Lauderdale, then on to the beach for some views and a great ride, about 22 mi. Write back!
Old 01-01-05, 08:45 PM
SeaLevel

Bikes: 2006 Trek 7.7 FX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why go all the way to Ft. Lauderdale when we have some good beach rides available right here in Jupiter, or on Jupiter Island?

I haven't been riding quite that many miles yet, but I did 16 miles today without too much problem. I am thinking of riding on Jupiter Island tomorrow morning, starting at the park on the south end and riding up to Hobe Sound beach and back. Might start from the park around 9-9:30. Would you be interested in doing something like that?
Old 01-01-05, 10:11 PM

Bikes: JAMIS EXPLORER HYBRID,RALEIGH CADENT, RALEIGH ROAD, DIAMONDBACK SORRENTO (MTN)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I Would Love To Join The Ride, However, I Have To Work Sun From 10 To 6 At Pep Boys. I Will Try To Catch Up To You On My Orange Honda Goldwing Motorcycle On My Way To Work. If You See Me, Give A Holler, Let's Meet. Otherwise, I Live At The Bluffs And Ride Most Every Morning To The Jetty At Sunrise. The Lauderdale Ride Is Great (6:30am At Wpb, 1 Hour Train Ride To Cypress Creek, Then Bikes To The Beach On Commercial Blvd, Return At 2:30 From Broward, Wpb @ 3:40.
Old 02-27-05, 04:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone nr HOBE sound know if Dickenson PK is repaired for camping after the storms last summer. Want to do some practice riding there and camping several nites before I leave for Spain in May