Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Bike tricks

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Bike tricks

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-00, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am new at bmxing so could any of you give me any hints on some tricks

Thanks
Old 07-16-00, 12:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
to do a catwalk simply pull a wheely at moderate speed then pedal just as the front end is coming up.
Old 07-31-00, 08:52 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
to do a barspin, get a lot of highth, pinch the seat between your knees, spin the handle bars around, catch them, unpinch your knees, land smoothly, and ride away
Old 12-25-00, 10:49 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
practice, practice, practice.

if your just starting out, getting air off ramps should be first, then when your more confident, you could do x-ups (turning you hadlebars, but keeping your hands on) one foots (try and start doing these by putting the foot you will be keeping on the bike, say you were kicking the right one out, and the left was staying on the pedal, make this foot be at the bottom of the crank, instead of being balanced with the right one. This will make it easier to get the foot back on) then from there you could do can-cans, nofooters, supermans, indians and eventually tailwhips. all of these tricks originate from doing no-footers.
Taking your hand(s) off is a bit more complicated, as you have to pull up a bit harder on the opposite hand to the one you take off, to balance the bike out. Try just taking your hand off a fraction, then a bit more, and more as you get better at it. no-handers require you to grip the part where your bottom and top tube on your frame with your knees. this keeps the bike near enough to get the hands back on. From no handers you can do barspins, peg grabs, toboggans, suicides and seat grabs.
If all of that fails you can try spins. first try 180 degree bunny hopping on flatland, as this is essential. Lift your front wheel round the first 90 degrees, then pop the back end round the rest. From here, you can do this on ramps, but instead of riding fakie, slam the back wheel hard onto the top of the ramp after the 180, pull the back brake, and spin the final 180 degrees or whatever on the back wheel. I tried to do this for two months, but once you do it once, you can do it anytime, and it looks great.
Finally, just remember to have fun. TJ Lavin and Dave Mirra etc, are about 25-30, and you are probabaly nowhere near that age. Grind ledges, bunnyhop kebs, do manuals, wheelies etc, then when you are happy with then go out and ride. And the most important rule in this is PRACTICE DOESNT MAKE PERFECT BUT IT MAKES YOU BETTER EVERY TIME.
Old 12-26-00, 12:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DIT-O

I was gonna say my great wisdom but that guy up there already wrote the book about it......

Next time!!!
Old 09-02-01, 04:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's not fun learning tricks, or at least trying to. I suck so bad, it's not even funny. I can barely even bunny hop so far. Was jumping some curbs and lost it. Felt like I broke my toes, but didn't. Just hurt bad for a couple days. I wish I had some "in person" help to teach me tricks. I can't get the feel for it if I just read. If ya can understand that. Anyone here live in MN? Thanx.

-Pimper
Old 09-03-01, 09:32 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tricks are really things that reflect yourself. Not everyone can do the same trick, so try to make yours more personalised. Remember: If you work at it every day it will be yours in a matter of days. Another thing to think about is what tricks do you mean? if you mean Dirt and Street tricks then these cannot really be explained, you just need the testicle fotitude to do them. If your into Flat, then you just need patience.
Old 09-03-01, 10:01 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm farely new to biking....Ive only been biking for 2 months..

First thing i learned were bunnyhops, flatland barspins.., airing on ramps, and stuff like that...

I'm trying to learn flatland which is really hard...I ussually ride everyday except when my bike needs repairing, which is ofton...

Hope this helped,
-jason
Old 09-14-01, 03:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What do you mean by "airing on ramps"? I want to know how to get some major air without biffing all the time. I always hit it wrong when I go fast and mess up in the air. Than hell breaks loose.
Old 09-14-01, 03:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
And it's on a dirt jump, kinda. Not a ramp. It's made out of a hump in the ground. It's shaped like a kicker.