Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Got hit on on my way home.

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Old 09-30-04, 08:36 PM
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

This is the first time that this has happened before and twice.
I was going south under the williamsburg bridge and these 2 chicks drive by, the passenger looks over, smiles at me and said something like "if only i can get those legs for 5 minutes" or something like that, I didn't hear her that well cause of the wind noise so I just smiled back and we played catch up at the lights until I turned off the street.
Then when I was nearly home, going by the roundabout at the base of prospect park, this chunky chick from like 2 lanes away said something that sounded like "hey baby, look at those buns." Once again I just smiled back and took off, after she got stuck at the light.
Old 09-30-04, 08:39 PM
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by slvoid
this chunky chick from like 2 lanes away said something that sounded like "hey baby, look at those buns." Once again I just smiled back and took off, after she got stuck at the light.
You didn't happen to have a bag of groceries on board did you?
Old 09-30-04, 08:47 PM

Bikes: 2004 Trek 4600 SS, 2016 Cannondale Cujo 2 SS

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I was in the sh*thole hick ass town of North Baltimore, Ohio on my mountain bike when two girls with about 6 teeth between the two of them yelled out the window: "Nice ass, cutie!"
Old 09-30-04, 08:55 PM
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by trekkie820
I was in the sh*thole hick ass town of North Baltimore, Ohio on my mountain bike when two girls with about 6 teeth between the two of them yelled out the window: "Nice ass, cutie!"
<Shudder...>
Old 09-30-04, 09:12 PM
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
It's funny you know, when I wear my red, all the 45 year old teenage males in utes use words like "***" and "poofter" regularly. However, I've had more than my fair share of admiring glances from females when I've done this. Guess that makes all the abuse I take worth it.

That is all.
Old 09-30-04, 10:06 PM

Bikes: Still have a few left!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 266 Posts
I was in my LBS and a young lady about 1/3 my age was in there getting a tire repair on her Bianchi. She came over to my Motobecane Grand Jubile, said "nice bike". I thanked her & then she began to touch & stroke it admiring the nervex lugs, the candy red color, the S.S. fenders. Wanted me to tell her all about it, how old it is, where it came from, did I know anywhere she could get one etc. etc. So my question: does hitting on my bike count? Don
Old 09-30-04, 10:09 PM
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ollo_ollo
I was in my LBS and a young lady about 1/3 my age was in there getting a tire repair on her Bianchi. She came over to my Motobecane Grand Jubile, said "nice bike". I thanked her & then she began to touch & stroke it admiring the nervex lugs, the candy red color, the S.S. fenders. Wanted me to tell her all about it, how old it is, where it came from, did I know anywhere she could get one etc. etc. So my question: does hitting on my bike count? Don
You should've slapped her hand away. No one touches precious but you...
Old 10-01-04, 01:09 AM
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ollo_ollo
Maybe you should've told her there's something else that I would like touched/stroked besides my bike.

On a lighter note, I have been called sexy on my bike once.
Old 10-01-04, 01:40 AM
Banned

Bikes: Trek 4900

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Trekkie- I did a lot of work in North Baltimore and Hoytville (even more hickier than N.B.) back in the 80's. It was REALLY bad at that time. That was the purpose of the work we did. Government rehabilitation on all the sh*thole houses there. It was the Taj Mahal when we left compared to what it was when we startred. By the way, where were you riding up in North Baltimore? Not that I would EVER go back to that hole there but just curious as to where you were riding at the time. Whenever I drive back to Toledo, I still have chills when I pass the North Baltimore exit!!! uuuhuhhhuh!
Old 10-01-04, 11:05 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My mom gave me a pair of Cannondale shorts for Christmas that say "Free Your Passion" across the back. You can imagine what kind of comments I get when I wear those shorts. The kicker was when a woman at work asked me to pose with my backside turned toward the camera!!!

Comment like what you received are always good for giving the ego a boost. Enjoy!!
Old 10-01-04, 11:24 AM
winter is comming

Bikes: Mikado kensington 2003, "commuterized" 8yr old Mongoose hilltopper SX, Baycrest Hurricane 10 speed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One day I'll be sexy enuf for those shorts.
Old 10-01-04, 12:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BenyBen
One day I'll be sexy enuf for those shorts.
I'm not!!!!
Old 10-01-04, 02:42 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Wow, the only thing I normally hear is the sound of door locks when people drive by.

Last edited by Kabloink; 10-01-04 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-01-04, 02:48 PM

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
The other day stopped at a light I had a carload of highschool girls smiling and waving at me. My male ego won't acknowledge that it was probably ironic....
Old 10-01-04, 03:37 PM

Bikes: Vision R40 - recumbent, Gunnar Crosshairs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I say, if they're going to whistle, holler, and generally do things which deliver a compliment, no matter how rude or possibly ironic, I'm going to accept them at face value. I spent way too long with coke-bottle glasses to pass up anything which might give me a smile.
Old 10-01-04, 07:44 PM
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Seanholio
I say, if they're going to whistle, holler, and generally do things which deliver a compliment, no matter how rude or possibly ironic, I'm going to accept them at face value. I spent way too long with coke-bottle glasses to pass up anything which might give me a smile.
Me too, having always been a nerd, I'll take it!
Old 10-01-04, 08:10 PM
Tom (ex)Builder

Bikes: Specialized Allez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I get the occasional whistle or something, but the best I've heard yet was headed back home after a ride with the wife and kids, and this truck rolls by going the other direction. The driver yells "Look, it's Hell's Angels!". I thought it was pretty funny myself.

"It hurts so good..."