Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Where are the Ladies? In the Women's Forum?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Where are the Ladies? In the Women's Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-04, 04:27 AM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice a sharp decrease in female postings to forums such as road, general, T&N, etc.?

I have no clue about how successful or not the secret (to males) women's forum is. Is there a lot of posting there?

Ladies, I miss your viewpoint and contributions.

Or am I imagining things - again?
Old 10-01-04, 09:39 AM

Bikes: Torelli Titanio with full Chorus and Eurus wheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They don't want to associate with you because you wear underwear under your shorts.

Figured I'd say it before the Underwear Nazi did.
Old 10-01-04, 11:10 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where is the woman's forum?? I'm a woman!!!!
Old 10-01-04, 11:13 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dominicolom
Where is the woman's forum?? I'm a woman!!!!
Look up Koffee Brown and she'll get you a pass.
Old 10-01-04, 11:18 AM
Fixer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The reason why is that all the ladies are with me. LOL!!!
Old 10-01-04, 12:15 PM
Don't Taunt Happyfunball

Bikes: 2005 Kona Jake the Snake, Fuji Club SE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am still here, but lately I have been doing more lurking than posting. It seems that many of the regulars I used to look for are MIA as well.
Old 10-01-04, 12:35 PM

Bikes: Aegis Swift, Titus Racer x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm traveling, actually I just bought a house in Denver, I mean Lakewood.

Today, I'm in Moab for the Moab Century.

Won't be back in Cincy with computer access until next weekend. I'm lurking a lot too!

Kathi
Old 10-01-04, 01:08 PM
Pat

Bikes: litespeed, cannondale

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by toolbox63
The reason why is that all the ladies are with me. LOL!!!
Not true, they are with "Bob".

I was doing a century. I came up on a slow moving paceline of ladies. Each lady was wearing a jersey that said "Bob's Babes" on it. Well, this sort of got my attention and piqued my curiousity. In a short bit, I came up on the lead cyclist, a guy, and he was wearing a jersey that said "Bob". I nearly fell off my bike from laughing.
Old 10-01-04, 01:43 PM
Don't Taunt Happyfunball

Bikes: 2005 Kona Jake the Snake, Fuji Club SE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pat

I was doing a century. I came up on a slow moving paceline of ladies. Each lady was wearing a jersey that said "Bob's Babes" on it. Well, this sort of got my attention and piqued my curiousity. In a short bit, I came up on the lead cyclist, a guy, and he was wearing a jersey that said "Bob". I nearly fell off my bike from laughing.
That is priceless.
Old 10-01-04, 02:49 PM
Suburban Cyclist

Bikes: Univega Modo Volare road bike; Gary Fisher Tarpon MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maybe it was a group similar to this one? Ray's Baybes

The one referred to in the above link is an article about a 'roadie school' for women. Interesting web site generally geared toward female cyclists' issues. (The site was mentioned in the Womens forum in the past couple of months or so.)

I've been lurking on *all* of the forums more than posting.

...what's your goal?
Old 10-01-04, 03:20 PM
contrarian

Bikes: 80's ross road bike/commuter, 80's team miyata, 90's haro mtb xtracycle conversion, koga mitaya world traveler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Been traveling and thinking about my move to Colorado Springs. Damn, It's expensive there! Well, the houses are expensive. And I need to get a new bike for the move: or build up the old Koga-Miyata World Traveller for use on the "natural-surfaced" trails.
I'm in the market for cyclocross components! yay. Even the flat parts of CS are hilly--flatlanders beware!

Regarding lack of ladies--ya'll are not inspiring me right now. It started with the RNC and I'm still depressed.
Old 10-02-04, 04:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gentlemen, the ladies departure is the equivalent of the men's after dinner cigar time. Enjoy it while it lasts! Considering that the ladies of America have sued their way into just about every remaining men's refuge from military academies, to fraternity houses, the boy scouts, men's locker rooms, etc., etc., etc., isn't it a wonder that the ladies have chosen to retire to a no-male 'biking' conversation room? Should we sue? I say not. We won't be hearing, 'I just love your new nail polish. That dress fits just perfectly. Your shoes match your outfit. Who has been doing your hair.......'

On the other hand should anyone want the ladies to return here all one would have to do is to get the forum manager to say that they are not allowed. In short order they would be howling, and sue to return.

All things have a natural ebb and flow. When it is time, they will reappear. In the mean time did you hear the one about the nude lady biker and ........

Just kidding. If my wife sees this I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight. Sheesh.
Old 10-02-04, 06:03 AM
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
Originally Posted by Xtrmyorick
They don't want to associate with you because you wear underwear under your shorts.

Ewwwwwwww... Somebody here wears underwear under their shorts?!?!? Ewwwwwww...

Old 10-02-04, 09:04 AM
Anti-Panty Commando

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xtrmyorick

Good soldier!

Visit the Underwear Nazi Store and the Share the Road Store. All proceeds benefit BikeForums.net
Old 10-02-04, 09:42 AM
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
What would you do if one day the TDF winner wore underwear under their shorts?
Old 10-02-04, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Look harder.

Every woman who participates in the women's cycling forum have all participated here. We check. And we don't allow them to exclusively post in one forum only.

If you're looking for the women, the best thing you can do is do what the rest of us have been doing- post around the forums and participate in more than one forum than say... the general cycling discussion only.

Koffee

Old 10-02-04, 02:13 PM
Banned.

Originally Posted by koffee brown
Look harder.

Every woman who participates in the women's cycling forum have all participated here. We check. And we don't allow them to exclusively post in one forum only.

If you're looking for the women, the best thing you can do is do what the rest of us have been doing- post around the forums and participate in more than one forum than say... the general cycling discussion only.

Koffee
Well, I post in 50+, Recreational, T&N, Advocacy, Road Cycling, General, Foo and Suggestions.

So, your claim that I post only in General is a bit misleading!

Still missing the ladies! (But we have had several in 50+)

Did I touch a nerve someplace Sorry if I did. Didn't mean to.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 10-02-04 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-02-04, 02:17 PM
DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Pat

That reminds me of that one ancient car commercial where everything was basically reserved for Bob. Like when he parks right in front of city hall or some such and a cop approaches him only to notice him and say, "oh... it's you, Bob."
Old 10-02-04, 03:00 PM
Anti-Panty Commando

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slvoid
What would you do if one day the TDF winner wore underwear under their shorts?
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Oh! that's rich!

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

That's just too funny! The very...

Gasp! Wheeze!

Underwear at the Tour! What a hoot! Ow! My sides!

Wait a minute....Wait....O.K....O.K....

All right. I'm calm now. Thanks for the laugh, slvoid. Now, let's just return this thread to its original purpose shall we? I believe that DvlFox was looking for women....

Underwear Nazi
Wiping tears from the corners of his eyes

Visit the Underwear Nazi Store and the Share the Road Store. All proceeds benefit BikeForums.net
Old 10-02-04, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Well, I post in 50+, Recreational, T&N, Advocacy, Road Cycling, General, Foo and Suggestions.

So, your claim that I post only in General is a bit misleading!

Still missing the ladies! (But we have had several in 50+)

Did I touch a nerve someplace Sorry if I did. Didn't mean to.

Nah. Didn't touch a nerve. Just pointing out some stuff.

What you should do then, is read more of the threads. Maybe I see more because I have to read a lot of the threads whether I want to or not, since I'm moderating. But they are there, you just need to do more reading. But again, we do tell the ladies that they shouldn't stay exclusive to the one forum, and they should post around. And to encourage this, a lot of the threads have been moved OUT of the Women's cycling forum and onto the general forum. And women are not even admitted unless they are posting in the other forums to begin with. So don't worry- women are out there posting. Just take the time to open your eyes to what's already there.

You can't possibly miss what's already there... but then again, with the huge increase in forum members and so many new threads, I'm not surprised that people can't seem to find other people, threads, etc. We get a massive amount of postings lately, which keeps us online more often than in the past. I remember when I could be on and off the forums in 45 minutes. Now, I spend an average of a couple of hours at a time on the forums just reading through everything, responding to other threads, and doing my mod duties alone.

Koffee

Old 10-02-04, 04:23 PM

Bikes: Giant OCR1/Specialized Epic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I lurk around the ss forum a lot. However, in the Road forum, all the threads are "Which bike for newbie" threads. Or, some guy bragging about how he blew everyone else away in his group ride last night or chased down some other guy on the bike path. It's just silliness.

I used to post in the MTB forum often, but it's all freeride/downhill now, and, even then, it's mostly 14 year old guys talking smack.

I check in for the Road racing and T&N forums mostly, but occasionally, I'll visit the Women's forum, as well.
Old 10-02-04, 04:55 PM
bikin'barbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a lurker!
Old 10-02-04, 05:07 PM
Ride Nekkid!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice a sharp decrease in female postings to forums such as road, general, T&N, etc.?

I have no clue about how successful or not the secret (to males) women's forum is. Is there a lot of posting there?

Ladies, I miss your viewpoint and contributions.

Or am I imagining things - again?

I am right here with you, Dnvr baaaaybeeeeeee!

Old 10-02-04, 06:20 PM
Banned.

Originally Posted by A.troll
I am right here with you, Dnvr baaaaybeeeeeee!

Let's meet secretly in the 50+ forum! No one else is there.
Old 10-02-04, 07:04 PM
Banned.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

TdF competitors wear undies

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

TdF winners wear undies

Gasp! Wheeze!

Underwear at the Tour! Yes, yes – they finally see the light! TdF SPECTATORS wear undies

AND, FINALLY, BF MEMBERS WEAR UNDIES!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.