Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Considering an Opus CX bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-10, 11:49 PM

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Blizzard (stolen), Haro Roscoe (sold), Giant TCX Rabobank, Cervelo RS, Rocky Mountain Altitude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Considering an Opus CX bike

I'm thinking of getting either the Sentiero, Spark or Stelle.

Intended use for the bike is a combination of commuting, road riding, wet weather riding and light trails. If I get bold I might even enter a CX race or two.

The ability to use full fenders is a must have. The ability to use a rear rack is a nice to have, but not essential.

Any comments on these bikes. If you don't like them, then could you please suggest alternatives?
Old 10-20-10, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've never seen an Opus, but if you want an easy to find alternative - even if just to have a glance - the most common first time crossers are probably the Kona Jake and Specialized Tricross ranges. Surly Crosschecks have a fanatical following too.
Old 10-20-10, 08:12 AM
I Love My Dream

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Opus makes a nice cross bike. The last one I rode was the Stelle from a couple of years ago. It handled and rode really well. If you like the dealer go for it. I'm not sure how popular Opus is on the west coast, out east they are everywhere.