Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Mirrors

Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Mirrors

Old 10-04-04, 10:51 AM
Dominatrikes

Bikes: Catrike Pocket, Lightning Thunderbold recumbent, Trek 3000 MTB.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mirrors

Hi, I ordered a recumbent for myself the other day. I don't have it yet.

I bought a mirror and put it on my helmet so I can start getting used to the mirror. I don't like it. I can't see hardly anything and I have to hold my head just right to see anything useful. I like the mirror on the handle bars of my MTB better. It's more like my motorcycle.

The recumbent will have OSS, but the bars point slightly down. I'm not sure I can attach a mirror to the handle bars. The kind that goes into the end probably won't work.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-04-04, 11:12 AM
sch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
www.hostelshoppe.com in their online catalog has mirror section which has a variety of mirrors.
One of these should work ok. www.nashbar.com search on mirror (mirrors doesn't work!) also has a
few other options. Helmet mounts are my preference though. With the visor clamp on type they have been fairly immune to damage and the field of view is adequate. I use the Third Eye set up, which is very adjustable. Steve
Old 10-05-04, 08:10 PM
Approaching Nirvana

Bikes: Catrike Expedition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My handle bars point down slightly(an EZ Sport). I just use a regular mirror attached to the end of the handle bar. It's adjustable enough to view just about any area behind me.