Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Custom Marinoni

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-10, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Custom Marinoni

Went to take a look at this very interesting bike tonight. Before the owner put a picture up in the ad I was hoping it would be my size. The owner did not know much about how to check the size so I thought I would check it out. Apparently it is a custom columbus SL frame built for a local female racer. The top of the seat stays had the initials of this person engraved in them as "D.A". The components were all over the board. Campy crank, FD, front hub, and left shift lever. Shimano long cage RD, dura ace right shift lever, and 105 brakes. Cinelli stem and bars. That was all I could indentify, and to my dismay was way too small for me. Anyways, Im curious to see what the value of such a bike would be since it is a custom frame. Does this increase the value or decrease the value?

Old 11-12-10, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,038 Times in 1,876 Posts
High end frames and bicycles that are extremely large or small can bounce both ways. The potential market is very limited, which normally lowers the pricing. However, they also don't come on the market very often, so they're also snapped up quickly, even of the asking price is above the market value. The usual strategy is to price them high and lower the pricing over time, until they do sell. If you're considering a flip, I'd obviously wait this one out. With the weather in Winnipeg, I impagine the bicycle market isn't very hot right now and it certainly isn't going to get better in the coming months.
Old 11-13-10, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for the reply T-mar. Nothing in winnipeg is hot right now hehe. I like the bike because of the history behind it.
Old 11-15-10, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Saw this one up for sale myself and was curious. I showed it to my GF who was interested but it's much to small for her as well. Some better pictures/more description would help this one sell I'd think.