Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

1997 Rocky Mountain Spice Restoration

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-10, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm 53 yo and have never mountain biked. I an an avid bicycle commuter however, and have some off road experience on a Kawasaki KLR 650.

I just got a great deal on this 1997 Rocky Mountain Spice. This is very similar to the current RM Element's; models 30 and 50.

The front fork is original equipment (RockShox Indy-LT). Needless to say it is horrible. I'd like to replace it with something current, but I find the choices a bit overwhelming and am looking for some help. Can anyone suggest a replacement fork with 80-100mm travel that will work with V-brakes? I'd like to stay in the 3-$500 range but am open to all suggestions. I have no brand preference nor have I even decided on air vs. coil spring.

If anyone knows any history about the RM Spice, or has an opinion as to whether or not I should even sink an money into it, fire away !!

Thanks,

Matt
Old 12-25-10, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wrong forum?