Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Cannondale Jekyll Sizing

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Cannondale Jekyll Sizing

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-04, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale Jekyll Sizing

Hello, all! Can someone give me some guidance? I'm a former (17 years ago) mini-triathalon-er. My mount was a Cannondale R500. I've also owned a C-dale mtn bike since then. I've always liked Cannondale, and want to get back into riding, specifically mountain biking. I'm on the threshold of buying a Jekyll, but I'm not sure what size I need since I'll be buying it sight unseen from eBay. I'm 5-9 with a 30" inseam. A previous post advised someone of a 5-7 stature that they'd need a medium.

My questions:

Will a large fit me and my dimensions without being too long, or should I go for medium?
Also, when I asked a co-worker about her opinion of Cannondale, her reply was, "Oh. You're getting a crack-and-fail?" I'm a die-hard Cannondale fan, but are my sentiments unfounded by Cannondale's standards of today?

Thanks.

Jim
tkdeadaim@aol.com
Old 10-19-04, 11:00 PM

Bikes: '98 Cannondale Super-v 700, '07 Specialized SX Trail III, '15 Gravity Zilla Monster Cross

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm 6'1, and have a medium super-v, the predicessor to the jekyll. It fits me okay, possibly a bit small but it doesn't feel uncomfortable.
Old 10-19-04, 11:54 PM
Work hard, Play hard

Bikes: Cannondale super V 500, Bianchi Piaggio(hopefully getting a new road bike when I get some money)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know about the size thing but I have heard the crack-n-fail thing before. Not sure where it came from though, I also ride a cdale super v and I have put the frame/parts through PLENTY of abuse and it's still going strong.

I'm guessing it's from people who have misused the bike(like I'm doing). Maybe they bought a bike like the Jekyll or another of cdales all mountain bikes and used it for drops and jumps(which I don't think it was meant for) and when the frame broke they got mad. Just a wild shot in the dark though as I really have no idea.
Old 10-20-04, 04:46 AM
Holy o-o

Bikes: FSRXC 04', Lemond Reno 05'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im 5'7" and have the same inseam as well and ride a specialized Medium, fits well.
Old 10-20-04, 06:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sure it's just someone who thought it would survive a nuclear blast...and when it didn't...blah blah blah...

Anyway, thanks for the insight. I've just placed an order for a C-dale Jekyll 1000. Take care.

Jim
Old 10-24-04, 04:07 PM
Older but wiser

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Cannondale Jekyll

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a big guy - 5 10 and 190 pds, and I ride a medium jekyll, have done for two years. I dish out a lot of abuse and never had an issue. Saying that I prev owned a f900sl, and cracked the rear stays, but cdale replaced it in 2 weeks with a new frame (the 02 jekyll 700).
I reckon medium for you would be about right. My first Cdale was alrge f700 and when I changed to a medium f900 I really noticed an improvement in handling and climbing.
Old 10-24-04, 04:15 PM

Bikes: Cannondale Scalpel 900 in SoBe Green

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm also around 5'9-5'10 and i wiegh 190... i have a Medium Scalpel, it fits me perfectly. I tried out the Jekyll at my LBS and i used a medium, The med fit me perfectly... although i didnt like the feel of it in the way the shock was mounted. you should probably check out the prophet as well as the jekyll