Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Harpoon B2B

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-11, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Harpoon B2B

Just got the email that I am in the ride!

Going to be my longest ride ever... anyone else here going for it?
Old 02-26-11, 08:27 AM

Bikes: 2004 Felt F90, Sette Ace 26" MB, Specialized Shiv TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wasn't going to do it this year but signed up at the last second. I road it last year, fun event. I took video of the ride but haven't edited it - maybe I'll do that today. What pace did you sign up for? Where are you from?
Old 02-27-11, 05:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am pretty sure I signed up for 17mph; I think that is realistic if I continue training as I have been, and get in a couple good groups.

I'm in Cambridge, MA... do most of my training west of the city (some out towards needham/dover, some out towards Hanscom). I'm going to be working in Milton soon, so I'll be able to train in the Blue Hills easily before or after work.

Anyway, this makes getting on the trainer for a couple hours a bit more tolerable!
Old 02-27-11, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in for this ride as well. I'm in the 18mph group with two of my friends. I suspect it will be 148 miles of us kicking each others asses.

Janders, I wonder if we've ever crossed paths. I pretty much ride in all the same areas you do. Though it's usually early in the AM so I don't see many other riders.
Old 02-27-11, 09:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to live in Brookline, so the vast majority of my rides were out towards Needham/Dover (ie the CRW Saturday morning ride... that started 6 miles from my house and was my base loop).

Now its a little harder to get out to nice areas, but I generally head out of town via Belmont.

I'm riding a black Element 6 frame, feel free to say hi... I work, and thus ride, very odd hours.
Old 02-27-11, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JandersUF
I used to live in Brookline, so the vast majority of my rides were out towards Needham/Dover (ie the CRW Saturday morning ride... that started 6 miles from my house and was my base loop).

Now its a little harder to get out to nice areas, but I generally head out of town via Belmont.

I'm riding a black Element 6 frame, feel free to say hi... I work, and thus ride, very odd hours.
I'm in the same boat. I work overnights (9:30pm to 6:00am) so most of my rides are right around 6:30am. It's actually quite nice during the spring and summer. Winter not so much.

My office is actually right next to Nahanton where the CRW rides kick off.