Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings From Buena Vista, CO!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-11, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello, everybody! I'm a 59-year-old cyclist originally from Denver, CO, but, for the time being, enjoying the heck out of Small Town Colorado, here, along the upper Arkansas River.
I've been cycling since I was three, and the names I've ridden would give many of us a grin...Hawthorne (M. Wards 55-lb. paper bike), Schwinn Varsity, Peugeot, Schwinn Continental, Puch, Pinarello(the oval-tube 'rainbow-paint' Criterium model...still have it, still ride it.) and more recently, my resurrected Fuji 'Marlboro' Folder. Oh, and some off-brand mtn. bike I picked out of the transfer-site trash bin in Fairplay, CO...can't find a brand name on it, but it's got a Shimano SIS shifters/derailleurs/brakes I rather like.
My riding had kind of tailed off while I assembled another form of transportation, a 1940 Chevy Business Coupe street rod, but now that my Coupe is driveable, I need to get back on the road under my own power. And I'm looking for an 'old-fashioned' clamp-on-the-car-bumper bike rack, so if anyone has such an antique moldering in the garage, I'd like to hear about it.
Glad to have found this forum, and plan on checking it out frequently. On The Road Again!
Old 02-26-11, 09:25 PM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forum.

Old 02-27-11, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)