Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Newbie 370lbs SuperClyde Buying Bike

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-11, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey gang,

Used to do quite a bit of riding 10 years ago and now....well...you get the idea. At any rate, I am taking the plunge and getting this supersized Clyde hind into shape. My budget is around the $400-$600 range. I rode a 2011 Giant Sedona DX and 2010 Trek Navigator 3.0 and liked them both. The Trek cost something around $150 more though, but I liked the Bontrager wheels, ergo grips, metal pedals, and paddle-style shifter. I will stick to the paved roads and trails. Comfort and Reliability are my two main decision drivers. My question to the group...any experience with either of these units? Any recommendation of alternate choices? I have been speedwalking everyday for 45-60 minutes and am ready to ride.

Thanks much!
Clydus Maximus
Old 03-06-11, 12:17 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by ClydusMaximus
Hey gang,

Used to do quite a bit of riding 10 years ago and now....well...you get the idea. At any rate, I am taking the plunge and getting this supersized Clyde hind into shape. My budget is around the $400-$600 range. I rode a 2011 Giant Sedona DX and 2010 Trek Navigator 3.0 and liked them both. The Trek cost something around $150 more though, but I liked the Bontrager wheels, ergo grips, metal pedals, and paddle-style shifter. I will stick to the paved roads and trails. Comfort and Reliability are my two main decision drivers. My question to the group...any experience with either of these units? Any recommendation of alternate choices? I have been speedwalking everyday for 45-60 minutes and am ready to ride.

Thanks much!
Clydus Maximus
Both are good bikes, but I am partial to the Trek, since I've owned one.