Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

vintage campiogne vitus???

Old 03-14-11, 04:50 PM

Bikes: Too many to count alway changing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vintage campiogne vitus???

Can some one make sense of this craigslist post and picture...

I know vitus is both a brand and a frame material correct... and I think bianchi made a campiogne model... I'm not sure the seller knows what they are talking about... add is below.

I also got an email response which I followed up with the request for better pics and more details. Don't want to waste my time going to see it if its not worth it.

Parts alone are worth over $400.00 on this vintage Italian Bike, I'm asking $400 because that is what I put into getting it fixed up at, rides great, priced to sell! Comes with additional crank, odds and ends.

It has Shimano steering cage, Mavic tires and everything else is original, I'm not sure on the frame size, I am 5'9 and I can ride it comfortably.

thanks
Attached Images
Old 03-15-11, 11:38 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The response I got from the seller... was totally not informative... "original aluminum frame, and like I said all original components"

I sent a email back again asking for component specifics... saying that original components doesn't tell me any thing about the bike...

Seller wrote back "your an idiot"... I wont even dignify that with a response... never came a cross a seller so ignorant and rude.
Old 03-15-11, 12:17 PM

Bikes: 89 Bianchi Campione d'Italia upgraded with 10 speed Ultegra/105, '92 Trek 1100 8 speed, bar end shifters

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds scammy to me. Or maybe the guy's just nuts. That bike looks a little tall for someone 5'9" to ride comfortably. Bianchi made the campione d'italia with Columbus STEEL tubes. Vitus was used on nicer motobecanes but also steel. If the guy knows the value of the components, he would also be able to tell you what they are.
Old 03-15-11, 01:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't think the sellar knows any thing... if he doesn't know how to measure frame size... he was down right rude... It would be an hour drive for me to go see it so I wanted as much info as possible. I hope he either doens't ever sell it or gets so many low ball offers it drives him crazy if he isn't already.