Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Another from Virginia

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Another from Virginia

Old 05-10-11, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another from Virginia

Greetings! After more than 20 years, I decided to get myself a bike. My intentions were to commute to work (3 miles each way). With a little research, I got myself a Trek 7000 last November. Sadly I haven't used it too for much commuting - seems like I always need my car for something (school, gym, kids, etc.). Instead I bomb the trails every chance I get! Here in Reston, Virginia we are very fortunate to have quite a few networks of interconnected asphalt trails, as well as some dirt trails. I feel like a kid again when I'm out riding my bike

I had never even ridden a bike with gears so I was a little intimidated at first. However, I've found that I'm really enjoying the mechanics of it all, and even enjoy doing some basic maintenance and modifications to the bike. Another benefit is that I had poor balance for the last few years from inactivity and neglect. After a few weeks on the bike, my balance began to get back to where it should be. An now, several months later, I'm feeling better than ever!
Old 05-10-11, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello fellow VA newbie! Love Reston, great place, and you're lucky to have all the trails near you to get your bike fix.
Old 05-10-11, 09:59 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome!

Forum Guidelines *click here*
Old 05-11-11, 05:58 AM
Double Rainbow....

Bikes: 2012 Trek/Gary Fisher Wahoo 29r Hardtail