Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

I've got mine...

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

I've got mine...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
I've got mine...

... well I'm getting mine. It's been shipped. Now I can let the rest of you in on the Super Saver Steal of the month. This. I didn't know I was looking for something like this until I saw it. Right then I knew it was the answer. For me, at any rate. YMMV. If anyone else takes the bait we can do a review of our own?

H
Old 05-11-11, 01:13 PM

Bikes: Iron Horse XT 2100 (1997?)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I LOVE that bag. I have used it a little under a year to carry my work clothes on my rear rack without any wrinkles. I usually carry two days worth of clothes - two pairs of dress pants and two button down dress shirts so I only have to use it on every other trip. I keep extra shoes at work (one black and one brown) so I don't have to carry those. The bag works very well. I have even carried an entire suit once or twice. By the way, I wear a 42 long suit jacket to give you a sense of sizing for the bag. I usually have to fold up the bottom 1/8 of my shirts to make it work, but that part is always tucked into my pants anyway. Love the bag. Get one if you need to carry nice clothes to work.
Old 05-12-11, 06:38 AM
Señior Member

Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Not waterproof = not useful.
Old 05-12-11, 07:32 AM

Bikes: Iron Horse XT 2100 (1997?)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
Not waterproof = not useful.
I've ridden mine in pretty heavy rains and everything stayed dry. But I only have a 30 minute ride one way, so I don't need completely waterproof.
Old 05-12-11, 09:36 AM
Señior Member

Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Just going by some reviews on the site, it's possible for stuff to get wet in there.
Old 05-12-11, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
For $224 you can get one from Jandd that is waterproof... (well that manufacturer says it is). Not affordable = not useful. The only difference between them is that the (far) more expensive bag has a waterproof cover. My backpack is supposed to be waterproof and it mostly is. Still... if you are out there long enough... I work as an organist and I have to take suits and robes, etc. and look very presentable. Rolling up a suit jacket to fit in regular panniers... well I'm hoping I don't have to do that anymore. I think I can get around whatever lack of weapons grade waterproofing the Nashbar bag might have with dry cleaner bags etc. Or obtain some kind of external cover which is what just about any other pack or pannier or trunk bag requires if waterproofing is the ultimate goal.

H