Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

What is surprising about the fall of the house of Lance

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-11, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is not that it is finally happening; it is how many people have all of a sudden become lucid about it.
I remember 5 years ago being vilified by almost all posters here (with a special mention for Ottto -- my how things have changed!) for stating that I was absolutely convinced that Lance doped, that any grand tour contender doped, incuding Landis and Hamilton!

Glad you'all turned around.

Will open a bottle of Veuve Cliquot either when Lance confesses or goes to Jail -- whichever comes first
Old 05-23-11, 11:11 AM
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blaireau
Will open a bottle of Veuve Cliquot either when Lance confesses or goes to Jail -- whichever comes first
He has good lawyers. If it really looks like he is facing a conviction for fraud and conspiracy, they may convince him to make a grand gesture of agreeing to a plea bargain "for the good of the sport and Livestrong." But I doubt he would ever agree to a plea that involves prison time, and the prosecutor may not accept anything less. It will certainly get to the cusp of trial, and may go all the way. If it does, I believe he'll do time, but there may be an agreement where he pays back large sums of money, admits his guilt, and does extended 'public service'.
Old 05-23-11, 11:16 AM
i got nothing.

Bikes: 13 BH G6 with SRAM Red

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
He's not being investigated for using...he's being investigated for using federal money to buy PEDS, probably much harder to prove....

2 different things here kids.
Old 05-23-11, 11:52 AM

Bikes: Felt F5, Fuji Robaix Pro and a KHS Mountain Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crash716
He's not being investigated for using...he's being investigated for using federal money to buy PEDS, probably much harder to prove....

2 different things here kids.
Don't forget running a criminal conspiracy and forcing other people into illegal activity. The feds have to prove that the conspiracy happened in the US, and that Lance was in charge. At the time of most of the accusations, Lance was a minor partner in Tailwinds. They have to prove that he was making the decisions on how to use the corporate money.
Old 05-23-11, 12:44 PM
impressive member

Bikes: c'dale supersix, jamis trilogy, spec. tricross

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
i think the legal outcome is less significant than the fact that the process has scared enough people into breaking the omerta code and has had the resources to investigate in a way that UCI was unwilling to that however lance lawyers out of it, theres enough of a mounting body of facts about his behavior (and probably more importantly the behavior of the UCI) that he wont enjoy the goodwill and benefit of the doubt hes been enjoying and will- if nothing else- no longer be able to bully those who dared to speak out and blow the whistle on him. and will maybe shut the hell up and go away. that any maybe this will add more flame to the need for a new governing body for cycling.
Old 05-23-11, 01:58 PM
Big Blade

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is not that it is finally happening; it is how many people have all of a sudden become lucid about it.
I remember 5 years ago being vilified by almost all posters here (with a special mention for Ottto -- my how things have changed!) for stating that I was absolutely convinced that Lance doped, that any grand tour contender doped, incuding Landis and Hamilton!
The sad thing is that they will go back to thinking the next champ is clean.

Glad you'all turned around.
Im not glad, all it demonstrates is how stupid people are. Thats why we have monkeys for politicians.