Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Alternate View Of Success - Not Gaining

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Old 06-27-11, 02:57 PM

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts

My son recently graduated from high school. I coached him in baseball from rec to travel to his summer college showcase teams. Around his freshman year my daughter started playing fastpitch softball so I coached and instructed her and soon went from rec to travel. All this means that I spend a large amount of time away from home in ball parks... week nights at practice and maybe a scrimmage, weekends at tournaments sometimes out of town. In theory I can prepare food and take it with me but with team equipment, etc. it is tough to do. Time between games is spent watching other teams, getting a bit to eat and figuring out what to do for the next games. After the day is done the team gets a bite to eat together (usually) and back to the hotel.

All this points to weight gain during the summer. Should it? Of course not if I wasn't an idiot but over the years it has greatly contributed to "the gain".

This year I am holding steady and that is a success. I'm a bit more conscious when it comes to eating than I have been in years past but what I've added is riding my bike. With all the practices and college stuff my son is doing I'm not as consistent as I would like but it all has a positive impact.

At the end of July tournament season is over. I will be able to ride more consistently and continue to make forward progress.

Done.
Old 06-27-11, 03:31 PM

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Sometimes I get involved with a busy errands week, or just get sick of the rain and don't ride much for the entire week. I view it as a win if I step on the scale and haven't put on any weight for an 'off' week.